Company Expects Fiscal 2020 Revenues to Increase at Least 214% to at Least $22M
Company to Host Virtual Investor Webinar Tomorrow, Wednesday, July 1st at 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time
Boca Raton, FL, June 30, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Bright Mountain Media, Inc. (BMTM), an end-to-end digital media and advertising services platform, has provided its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2020.
“The first quarter of 2020 built upon our successes in 2019, where we successfully initiated our efforts to launch a fully integrated, end-to-end digital media and advertising services platform,” said Kip Speyer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Bright Mountain Media. “In the quarter, we saw advertisers hesitate in deploying ad dollars due to COVID related uncertainty. Despite these headwinds, Bright Mountain was able to grow revenues by 109% to $2.3 million in the first quarter of 2020, and in time, we expect these challenges to subside as we enter a more normalized environment in the back half of 2020.
“As we continue to capture more of the ad-dollar within the value chain, we create more value than the sum of our parts, allowing incredibly efficient demographic targeting with unique ad syndication capabilities. Most notably in June, we successfully acquired Wild Sky Media, an interactive media company that according to Google analytics reaches approximately 30 million monthly unique visitors through its hyper-engaging content, further strengthening our platform model. We seek to enable their robust, complimentary portfolio of websites to more efficiently create value from their niche, diverse audiences leveraging our proprietary content and ad delivery technologies.
“On the capital markets front, I am pleased to have started the process to uplist to a national exchange, which we believe will broaden our potential investor base and grow our brand reach, resulting in greater liquidity for our shareholders. We will continue to work closely with the national exchanges to execute upon this incredible milestone for our combined company.
“As we move into 2020, I am confident in our ability to execute upon the business opportunity facing us today. In fact, we expect revenues in fiscal 2020 of $22 million, an increase of 214% over fiscal 2019 revenues. I look forward to continued progress in the years ahead, creating sustainable long-term value for our shareholders,” concluded Speyer.
First Quarter 2020 Financial Summary
- Total revenue for the first quarter of 2020, was $2.3 million, compared to revenue of $1.1 million in the same year-ago quarter. The increase in revenue was due to an increase in advertising revenue resulting from the acquisitions of Oceanside Media and MediaHouse, in spite of the negative influence of Covid-19 on the digital advertising market.
- Selling, general and administrative expenses for the first quarter of 2020 were $4.0 million, compared to $0.9 million in the same year-ago quarter. The increase in selling, general and administrative expenses included $1.0 million of non-cash amortization of intangible assets, $0.4 million in non-cash expenses associated with an equity raise and $0.3 million of acquisition related audit and consulting fees.
- Net loss for the first quarter of 2020 was $3.5 million, compared to a net loss of $0.7 million in the same year-ago quarter. The increase in net loss was primarily related to aforementioned non-cash operating expenses.
- Cash and cash equivalents and short-term deposits were $1.3 million as of March 31, 2020, compared with $1.0 million as of March 31, 2019.
- Cash used in operations for the first quarter of 2020 was $1.4 million, compared with cash used in operations of $0.6 million in the same year-ago quarter.
Management expects revenues in fiscal 2020 to be at least $22.0 million, representing an increase of at least 214% when compared to revenues of $7.0 million in fiscal 2019.
Virtual Roadshow Webinar
The Company will host a virtual roadshow webinar tomorrow, July 1st, 2020 at 11:30 a.m. Eastern time, where Greg Peters, President and Chief Operating Officer of Bright Mountain Media, will present an overview of the business model and discuss recent growth initiatives, including the recent acquisition of Wild Sky Media. The webinar will be accompanied by a presentation and followed by a question and answer session, which can be accessed via the webcast link or dial-in numbers below.
To access the webinar, please use the following information:
Date: Wednesday, July 1st, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. Pacific time (11:30 a.m. Eastern time)
International Dial-in: 1-323-994-2093
Conference Code: 4978335
A telephone replay will be available approximately two hours after the call and will run through October 1st, 2020 by dialing 1-844-512-2921 from the U.S., or 1-412-317-6671 from international locations, and entering replay pin number: 4978335. The replay can also be viewed through the webinar webcast link above.
About Bright Mountain Media
Bright Mountain Media, Inc. (BMTM) is an end-to-end digital media and advertising services platform, efficiently connecting brands with targeted consumer demographics. Through the removal of middlemen in the advertising services process, Bright Mountain Media efficiently connects brands with targeted consumer demographics while maximizing revenue to publishers. Bright Mountain Media’s assets include the Bright Mountain Media ad network, MediaHouse (f/k/a NDN), Oceanside (f/k/a S&W Media), CL Media Holdings (d/b/a/ Wild Sky Media) and 24 owned and/or managed websites. For more information, please visit brightmountainmedia.com.